Hi, friends! So, our school-wide math night was a huge success. While parents were in 30 minute math classes, our students had a blast with math games and activities throughout the school.
Our families asked great questions –
- Why do students need to do things multiple ways?
- Why are students not being taught regrouping in 1st grade? It seems so much harder without it.
- Why are we not seeing a lot of math homework?
As teachers, the structured section of our presentation looked like this (you can download the presentation as a PDF here)-
- Common Core vs. math curriculum
- What does a 60 minute math class look like?
- What are the ‘core’ skills we’ll be teaching this year and why.
- How can you help? Resources for families
Join me for weekly classroom updates and free resources that are just-right for your guided math classroom!